PURPOSE-BUILT VESSELS FOR SCIENTIFIC SURVEY
Aquenal’s vessels are primarily used for Aquenal’s field surveys, however they are also available for hire with a qualified Aquenal coxswain for commercial work. Contact us for further information on vessel hire.
Aquenal’s vessels are set up to enable efficient and safe execution of fieldwork. Aquenal operates two vessels:
- Katelysia – 6.5 m purpose-built vessel for inshore marine work
- Blue Darter – 4.6 m Stabicraft for sheltered coastal and inland water work
• 6.5 m Tristar twin hull aluminium dinghy in commercial survey (Class 2CR).
• Purpose built for inshore environmental surveys.
• Wide beam (2.6 m breadth), providing stability and extensive deck space.
• Twin 130hp four stroke Yamaha outboards.
• Deck wash.
• Deck winch/davit (SWL 150 kg).
• Wide dive door (1.12 m) allows for ease of equipment deployment/retrieval.
• Dry area with desk and drawer for safe setup/storage of electronic equipment.
• Dry area can be cordoned off to remove sun glare (for monitoring of screens, ROV piloting etc).
• 1500 watt pure sine wave inverter, powered by the vessel’s house battery.
• Aquenal coxswains are proficient at high accuracy marine navigation and the deployment/retrieval of high value monitoring equipment.
- 4.6 m Stabicraft
- AMSA compliant for smooth and sheltered waters (Exemption 2)
- 40 HP four stroke Honda outboard and auxiliary
- Sealed pontoons providing extraordinary buoyancy and stability
- Dry front cabin for electrical equipment and gear storage
- Shallow draft ideal for sheltered work
- Launchable in a variety of circumstances